08 August 2006

Happiness



I’ve been curious about the notion of subjective well-being for a few years now. Perhaps because I imagine that if it can be measured, then it might be influenced. Just recently I saw this map of the world based on it. The map suggests I should high-tail it to Denmark rather than London. But maybe, just maybe, after I move to the UK this map will have to be revised.

So while we wait for a revised map in 2007, we can meditate on a few formulas for happiness. One is a little complicated. The other less so. I prefer simplicity myself.

By the way, in case you were wondering, this is an illustration by Jasper Wong that made me happy. Not sure what the formula behind that happiness is, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe its something like: pink + pandas + hobos = a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home