07 October 2006

Bikes and boat houses

After all my travels, I still have yet to master jet lag (without access to a treadmill), so sadly I was up half the night and then slept until 2p. But even then, I've been able to make good use of the day. First I went to the Noorder market that's just nearby. The market had everything from fresh fish, flowers, handmade what nots from wherever, to seriously down market/black market goods like socks, soaps, and sheets. And much to my great joy, they also had bikes. I totally fell for this one and I hope the bike gods protect her (name tba) from getting stolen.


I also hope that she makes friends with her older, and somehwat more stately Brooklyn sister, Coco. For those of you who have not yet met Coco of Park Slope, or may have forgotten just how fabulous she is, I enclose her portrait here.

Now once I got my new bike (green, top) of course I was able to soar all over the Jordaan and get to know my way about. I saw the sun go down over the canals, visited a narrow street, Anjeliers, that I was told had cute shops and cafes. And lastly stoppped to admire a boathouse I saw along a backroad.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home