08 October 2006

Sunday in Amsterdam





I started out on my bike (she's still waiting for a name, stay tuned) with a few simple assignments: find a pay phone, buy a phone card, and buy an alarm clock. These everyday tasks took me to a shopping district I did not realize would be flanked by historical momuments. I was pretty blown away so started to snap photos to share: city hall, a national momument, and a gorgeous 14th century church(all above).



After shopping I decided to check out Central Station which is supposed to be pretty awe-inspiring and also where I've heard one can catch a train to Paris in 4hrs flat. But on the way I came across a cafe I'd read about in the guidebooks called The Grasshopper (above), so decided to stop in for a cup of coffee. Umm, yeah, it smelled funny in there so I just had coffee . . . really.

When I got to Central Station, I quickly realized I could also catch a 1hr canal tour of the city from there. It was lovely (see below), if touristy, but a great way to take note of where I'd like to visit by bike in the days/weeks to come. By the way, the last image is of the Anne Frank House.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC's missing you. I've got nowhere to roll to any more.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home