24 August 2007

2006 vs 2007 Travel


I happened to be thumbing through picts on my computer and got the bright idea to try and compare the places I’ve traveled in the last two years . . . just to see if there are any trends or insights I can gain into my own life (other than that I work too hard).

So here is the list with a few geeky codes: (B) is for business, (P) is for pleasure, and there is an (*) for each visit. Also, for those places I highly recommend you’ll find a link.

2006
Shanghai (B), Sao Paolo (B), Aruba (P), Culebra (P), Adirondacks (P), Tokyo (B), London (B), Paris (B), Milan (B), Munich (B), Amsterdam (B***)

2007
London (B*****), Paris (B), Hamburg (***), Miami/Ft Lauderdale (P), Atlanta (B****), NYC (P*******), Munich (B**), Provence (P) , San Sebastian (P), Berlin (B), Geneva (B), Bonn (B), Rome(P), Holland: Haarlem, Zandvoort, Masstricht (P), Brussels (B), Los Angeles (B**)

My analysis: I am a geek. But to be fair, this little exercise reminds me that my work has taken me places. Now the idea that “she with the most miles wins” remains to be seen. 2007 at a glance has not been an all-out improvement on 2006. For one thing, I seem to be getting trapped in some kind of Germanic cosmic net. And I'm a bit too heavy on Euro travel, so if the travel gods are listening, Como se dice LatAm or Asia? But seriously, I think I might just need a bit more mountain air and Eastern love. So to that end, any of you regular readers out there who would like to meet up in Bali or are up for a weekend escape to Geneva, just shout. And also, anyone who wants to go with me to Africa (or anyplace on the above map shaded in green) . . . just say the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home