22 January 2007

Amsterdam Life - Phase Two


January 2007 got off to a great start. I celebrated New Year's with two dates - Al Sr. and Al Jr. They are, among other things, the reason I know how to shoot a gun and are probably responsible for the fact that I became a vegetarian later in life! And here we three are enjoying a rather adventurous meal at Envy in Amsterdam before heading out to Dam Square for some New Year's fireworks. Amsterdam was a virtual war zone of fire crackery that evening. I've heard that the city gets equally as fired up for Queen's Day so we'll just have to see about that come April.

And as part of phase two of my more settled in life in Amsterdam, I include here a view from the living room window of my new apartment in the Jordaan. My apartment overlooks the Brouwersgracht canal and the converted warehouses and boathouses along it. The Brouwersgracht is also known as the brewer's canal, for you factoid lovers. Stay tuned for more picts of my new place and the guest room I've named "The Anne Frank House" (for its simple austerity and the way in which I hope it wil be used as a refuge for any and all of my girlfriends who visit me).

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth K. Kracht said...

Amsterdam looks good on you Eliza. You look super in all your photos. Even though you've been traveling like a maniac, you actually look very rested.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, eliza! your adventure continues unabated...

wishing you further self discovery, scrumptuous earthly delights and LOTSA LOTSA love!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home