30 October 2006

Pilates and the Sea


For the most part I spend my time enjoying my new job and going for as many sessions of pilates as I can. My new instructor Jelena is totally awesome. Droog Gallery and Store is one of my favorite places to peak into on my way to Jelena’s studio. I have my eye on a table there, so stay tuned for more droogness in an entry to come.




In between work, pilates and sleep I have of course managed to get out and about a bit. And I’m including here some new and great discoveries. Oosterpark is one of my favorite parks in Amsterdam. I love the sculptures, the quiet and the trees. The most moving sculpture in the park is called "Shared Past, Common Future" and is a monument to the history of slavery.


The Artis is another area I've discovered - it's home to the zoo and botanical gardens. This poster is for a butterfly exhibit I'm hoping to find time to see.


This weekend a small group of us decided to journey to Haarlem, a city that’s about a 15 minute train ride outside of Amsterdam. This is a statue of Laurens Coster in the town center of Grote Markt. Local legend has it that good old Laurens invented printing in 1423, 16 years before Gutenberg.


We went even further north to the beach in Zandvoort about 40 minutes by train. Even though it was quite windy and chilly by my standards, that didn’t seem to stop beach strollers and even a few kite surfers from enjoying the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home