10 July 2007

4th of July in NYC




One of my favorite things in the world is the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks in NYC. If you ever get a chance, you should really go to New York to see them. If you can swing it try to get invited to a terrace party anywhere in the city and stand under the light show with a cool beverage because it is truly a transcendental experience.

Of course another way to go is to get reservations on a boat and float you’re way to pyrotechnic ecstasy. This is my plan for next year.

After the high of 4th of July fireworks, there were only a few more things left for me to do during my NYC holiday: eat, shop and go to the beach!

Of the many great meals Ofir and I had, the meal we had at Gobo in the West Village is worth mentioning. Only because it’s a vegetarian restaurant that non-vegetarians also love.

As for shopping, aside from our usual trip to Woodbury Commons, I took a day and wandered down to Intermix for some much needed jeans. Even though I didn’t make it, another all-in-one store for the "woman-on-the-go" is Scoop. Ladeez - you heard it here.

And lastly, this summer Ofir and I opted for Jones Beach which is only a short drive from the city. There we enjoyed lolling in the sun and sand with the beautifully diverse (and sometimes loud) people of Long Island. Perhaps it’s taken living in Europe for a while to really appreciate the intense ethnic diversity of the New York area , but believe me, I am a lifelong lover of it now.

Stay tuned for my next entry which will be about my upcoming trip to San Sebastian.

1 Comments:

Blogger contents under pressure said...

Eliza! I discovered your blog through linkedin and I am intensely envious of your new jet setting life. How do I get in on this?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home